WHAT EMPLOYERS LOOK FOR
Today, the list of qualities employers look for in job candidates continues to grow. With a focus on the "skills gap" employers are experiencing, it is important that we teach students career-specific skills so they can meet the demands of an ever-growing marketplace. You'll gain these valuable skills through career training at Lincoln.
Here are some characteristics and professional qualities that can help you stand out among your competition:
- A professional, positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Entry-level skills in your field
- Open communication skills – Both written and spoken.
- Conflict resolution – An ability to work well with others, as well as in team/group settings.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Team building and collaboration
- Ability to make decisions effectively
- Time management – Juggling multiple tasks with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Leadership potential
- The ability to learn from and take criticism
- Strong organization skills
- Working well under pressure
- Adapting to change, situations and challenges
WHO HIRES LINCOLN GRADUATES?
Students who've graduated from Lincoln Technical Institute, Lincoln College of Technology, Euphoria Institute of Beauty Arts & Sciences, and Lincoln Culinary Institute have gone on to work for companies across the U.S. in Careers That Build America. Below is a list of just some of the well-respected and established industry leaders and organizations who have opened their doors and welcomed Lincoln graduates to their team.
- Automotive & Skilled Trades
- Auto Zone
- Home Depot
- NAPA Auto Parts
- Penske Truck Leasing
- Pep Boys
- Tyson Foods
- Motorcycle Dealers
- Auto Dealerships including:
- GM and others